I am a 51 year old female with M.E. who is looking for someone to fill a part time vacancy of 12 hours per week as a personal care assistant.
The applicant must be female driver with their own car (which will ideally be able to fit a manual wheelchair in.)
Salary £9.50 per hour plus mileage allowance.
The hours I am hoping for are a 1.5 hour tea call sometime between 5-7pm on a Monday, 12pm -6pm Tues, 1 hour tea call Weds, Thurs, Fri and 1.5 hours on a Sunday between 3 and 7pm.
Some flexibility to timing can be considered eg 2 x 1.5 tea calls rather than 3 hour long ones.
Ideally you would also be able to provide some cover if my main carer is off sick or on annual leave.
The job involves helping me with most activities of daily living…..eg food preparation and cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry, ironing, some personal care, social activities and outings, company and emotional support, some help with treatments eg applying analgesic creams, TENS machine and splints, prompting and reminding to do exercises, paperwork, some basic computer work plus anything appropriate I may need assistance with.
No experience is needed although a high standard of cleaning and a willingness to be experimental with cooking as I am on a special diet, would be great!
You must be reliable, of good health. Due to symptoms of depression and sensory overload a quiet, gentle, caring, supportive and adaptable manner is preferable.
I do also suffer with some cognitive issues with a poor memory so patience is definitely needed!
Due to the current Covid 19 situation strict hygeine and cleaning rules will need to be followed as I am high risk. PPE of masks, gloves, faceshields, aprons and sanitiser will be provided for use.
Please feel free to email email@example.com to chat and discuss any other information needed. Feel free to attach a CV if you are interested.
|Age of client||51|
|Gender of client||Female|
|Preferred gender of carer||No preference|
- Carer for elderly lady with early onsets of dementia – Mature Female preferred – (no personal care) (651 views)
- Self-Employed Part-time Carer to cover 12 hour day shift on a once weekly, ongoing, live out basis (406 views)
- Part-time or full-time Carer for 24 year old wheelchair bound, £10/hr PAYE Only (79 views)
- PRIVATE CARER AVAILABLE, HIGHLY EXPERIENCED, UP TODATE DBS, NO AGENCY PLS. (54 views)
- Occasional afternoon carer sitter (54 views)
- Home Care Assistant (Home care Assistant) (49 views)
- Supporting a young gentleman in his own home as a team (48 views)
- Female personal / care assistant wanted – 16 hours per week (47 views)
- Health Care Assistant / Carer (45 views)
- Experienced Carer Available (45 views)
- CARER/PERSONAL ASSISTANT URGENTLY REQUIRED (42 views)
- Self Employed Carer (40 views)
- Carer (personal assistant) required (40 views)
- Private Carer, companion , Domestic (39 views)
- Carer / Nanny (female only) for my child (day time) (38 views)