Title: Part-time SEN Nanny/Carer
Location: Thornton Heath, CR7
Transport: Thornton Heath (national rail) is a short walk away.
Salary: £15.00 – £17.00 gross per hour depending on experience
Driver: Ideal, but not essential.
A confident and experienced individual with SEN experience.
Autism experience ideal.
LSA Makaton user ideal
Fluent English speaker
Ability to remain calm, kind and patient
Caring and compassionate approach
Able to commit long term
Live-out preferred but live-in option is available.
Experience using LSA Makaton
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Days & Hours: Ideally weekday evenings and weekends
About the client:
The Client, is a 27 year old woman and is the centre of a very loving family. She lives at home with Mum and Dad and has three older siblings who all live away from home but she enjoys seeing regularly.
The Client was diagnosed with Autism, is non-verbal and attended a SEN school where she was taught to use Makaton to communicate. The Client does not currently take any regular medication and is relatively independent but needs assistance with her daily cooking and washing routines.
In her free time, she loves being outside and is especially fond of swimming at her local pool, listening to music, watching YouTube videos on her computer, cooking and eating out.
Overview of the role:
The Client is generally very happy and active and would like to find someone who will spend time with her and assist her with the things she enjoys doing in life. Structure and perseverance is very important in the Client’s life so she is looking for someone with long-term commitment in mind.
As a family, we are generally looking for someone who will help us assist the Client with improving use of Makaton, communication, structure and independent development.
The main focus of the role will be in supporting the Client so no housework/cleaning is required however you will be expected to assist the Client with cleaning after herself, cooking healthy meals for her and ensuring her bedroom is kept tidy.
Who this job would suit:
This job will suit an experienced female nanny/carer, who is able to calmly assert guidance and support the Client, where needed. A genuine interest in working with SEN adults is essential. You will be extremely caring, have energy and a jovial outlook. Confidence and gentle consistency are key to giving the Client an opportunity to reach her full potential.
What’s great about this job:
This is a great opportunity to support an already independent young woman whilst joining a warm family environment. The family welcome you to bring in new ideas, and the skills to plan and carry out creative activities to enhance the Client’s development, outlook and long-term independence.
If you believe you have the skills and would like to apply for this rewarding role, please forward your CV to Sunshine.Carer@gmail.com. Please note any/all autism-specific and Makaton experience and skills.
|Age of client||27|
|Gender of client||Female|
|Preferred gender of carer||No preference|
- Carer for elderly lady with early onsets of dementia – Mature Female preferred – (no personal care) (1405 views)
- Self-Employed Part-time Carer to cover 12 hour day shift on a once weekly, ongoing, live out basis (743 views)
- Part-time or full-time Carer for 24 year old wheelchair bound, £10/hr PAYE Only (237 views)
- Occasional afternoon carer sitter (165 views)
- PRIVATE CARER AVAILABLE, HIGHLY EXPERIENCED, UP TODATE DBS, NO AGENCY PLS. (156 views)
- Home Care Assistant (Home care Assistant) (152 views)
- Carer/Support Worker/Part Time Nanny Required (148 views)
- Supporting a young gentleman in his own home as a team (147 views)
- CARER/PERSONAL ASSISTANT URGENTLY REQUIRED (144 views)
- AB/ES3 Personal Assistant/Carer Required – Islington (141 views)
- Experienced Carer Available (139 views)
- Self Employed Carer (137 views)
- Carer / Nanny (female only) for my child (day time) (137 views)
- Care home senior carer (137 views)
- Female personal / care assistant wanted – 16 hours per week (136 views)