The information below has been extracted from our Terms & Conditions. Please visit that page for more information.
Content standards & uploaded content
These content standards apply to any content or comments posted or uploaded on our site. The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our discretion, if such listings breach the content standards. We reserve the right to edit, not publish or to remove any content whether or not it complies with these content standards.
Although our site is moderated to the best of our ability and resources, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate our site or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating our site at any time. We make our best effort to provide an enjoyable user experience for all and also to comply with any applicable laws with regard to the content that is found on our site, however this is subject to our resources and ability to monitor that content. We therefore cannot be held liable for any content that may be found on our site which may be considered to be offensive, libelous, abusive, having breached any copyright or trademark, or which may be illegal in any country or jurisdiction where our site may be accessed.
As a general guideline, listings must:
- be accurate (where it states facts)
- be genuinely held (where it states opinion)
- be relevant
- be informative
- be civil, decent and respectful of others
- be written in English and comply with acceptable standards of spelling and grammar
- comply with the local applicable laws, as well as the local applicable laws in the country from which it is posted
As a general guideline, listings must not:
- contain specific accusations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity
- be defamatory of any individual or organisation
- be obscene, offensive, hateful, threatening, inflammatory, or that are likely to harass, or calculated to seriously alarm or annoy any other person
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- contain abusive language or slurs of any kind
- disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
- be written in capitals
- stereotype sections of society or certain groups of individuals on any grounds
- name any organisations or businesses other than the organisation or business that is relevant to the topic at hand
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or organization
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- be in contempt of court
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- give the impression that the listing emanates from us if this is not the case
- advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
The above content standards also apply to any videos, media files, documents or any other type of content that is uploaded to the site.
Notice & take down procedure
If you believe that content on our website breaches any of our content standards you are encouraged to alert us by sending an email to email@example.com so that we can investigate the complaint. You will need to provide your email address and other contact details together with a short explanation why you believe the content does not comply with our content standards. Reporting content will not automatically remove it, but will ensure we look at it as soon as possible. The moderators will then decide on the appropriate course of action.
License of content
By submitting content to our site, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable and sub-licensable licence to use that content. Although you will still own the copyright to your content, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your content. You further grant us the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or our rights in the uploaded content by a breach of these terms.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to content you have uploaded onto our website or your breach of the provisions of these terms.
We have a social media presence and use Facebook and Twitter among other social media platforms. Please note that material posted by you to this site may be reposted or promoted by us on our social media platforms on the same conditions as apply to our website and subject to any additional conditions imposed by the platform in question. By posting to our website you are deemed to consent to any reposting or promotion by us using social media.